Internships are designed for current undergraduate and graduate students during the Fall, Spring, and Summer of each year. All available internship opportunities are unpaid positions. School credit can be provided.
- The deadline to apply for the Fall Semester 2019 Internship is July 26th, 2019.
- Fall Semester Internship lasts from August 14th until November 29th, 2019. (These dates are subject to change depending on Interns’ schedules.)
- To apply for an internship, potential candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and one professional letter of recommendation to Beth Parmer at email@example.com.
For students seeking an internship for CHFD/HDFS credit or for Senior Capstone placement with early placement requirements, submit your application no later than 3 weeks before your deadline and include your site placement deadlines.
Community Events Intern
- Aids in the development, support, and oversight of third-party fundraising events that benefit Make-A-Wish Georgia.
- Collaborate with local schools and universities to increase youth participation with our mission, through programs like Kids for Wish Kids & Wishmakers on Campus.
- Shadow the Community Events Manager at community events and school presentations.
- Collaborates with Community Events Manager to launch National campaigns, like Hot Chocolate 5K/15K.
- Must be comfortable communicating over the phone.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Business, Public Relations, Non-Profit Administration, or other related fields. All majors are welcome.
Corporate Development Intern
- Supports the corporate team in conducting prospect research, creating company profiles and developing presentations to support fundraising strategies.
- Assists with corporate events by organizing collateral materials.
- Attends and shadows corporate campaign kickoffs and meetings with corporate partners.
- Maintains database records with consistent tracking in Raiser’s Edge.
- Collaborates with Community Events Manager to launch National campaigns, like Hot Chocolate 5K on a local level.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration or related field.
Content Writer Intern
- Pre-plan social media content using Hoot Suite program.
- Post organically on all of our social media platforms.
- Create engaging blog and social media content.
- Complete social media communication requests received from staff members in a timely manner.
- Compose wish stories for our chapter website, Adopt-A-Wish donors, and high cost wish assist.
- Responsible for creating a social media strategy surrounding upcoming chapter signature events.
- Writing sample is required along with resume and cover letter.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Creative Services Intern
- Main point of contact for the Make-A-Wish Georgia chapter website.
- Use the Site Core content system to update chapter website.
- Schedule and manage any photographers and videographers needed.
- Serve as the primary graphic designer for the chapter.
- Design promotional posters, flyers, handouts, etc.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Development, Grants and Individual Giving
- Help draft wish stories and assemble reports for Make-A-Wish America grant reporting.
- Assist with qualifying new foundation grant prospects via Foundation Directory, GuideStar and Google research.
- Conduct wish data research and donor data entry related to grant preparation and outcome reporting.
- Compile foundation and major gift donor profiles.
- Develop donor stewardship initiatives and create collateral for individual and foundation donor stewardship.
- Must be detail-oriented and exhibit strong written communication skills.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Business, English, Journalism, Public Health or other related field.
- Assist with creative stewardship collateral (work in Shutterfly, Publisher).
- Writing sample.
Special Events Intern
- Responsible for supporting fundraising staff in all aspects of revenue generation from fundraising event to cultivating individual and major donors.
- Assists with the coordination day-of vendors for events.
- Assists with design, copy writing and production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence.
- Conducts prospect research and analysis to support solicitation strategies.
- Assists with the organization and tracking of donor and sponsor information.
- Assists with in-kind solicitation for auction items.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration or related field.
Wish Coordinator Intern
- Responsible for assisting the Wish Coordinators in all aspects of wish granting.
- Assist with sneak peek letters and create toy boxes for wishes.
- Write thank you letters for donors.
- Update wish database, scan paperwork and complete wish file close out.
- Wish discovery Visits in the office.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Family and Child Development, Human Development, Psychology, or related field.