Internships are designed for current undergraduate and graduate students during the Fall, Spring, and Summer of each year. All available internship opportunities are volunteer unpaid positions. School credit can be provided.
For students seeking an internship for CHFD/HDFS credit or for Senior Capstone placement with early placement requirements, submit your application no later than 3 weeks before your deadline and include your site placement deadlines.
Community Events Intern
- The deadline to apply for the Summer Semester 2019 Internship is April 5th, 2019.
- Summer Semester Internship lasts from May 13th until August 9th, 2019. (These dates are subject to change depending on Interns’ schedules.)
- To apply for an internship, potential candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and one professional letter of recommendation to Beth Parmer at email@example.com.
Corporate Development Intern
- Aids in the development, support, and oversight of third-party fundraising events that benefit Make-A-Wish Georgia.
- Collaborate with local schools and universities to increase youth participation with our mission, through programs like Kids for Wish Kids & Wishmakers on Campus.
- Shadow the Community Events Manager at community events and school presentations.
- Collaborates with Community Events Manager to launch National campaigns, like Macy’s Believe Day on a local level.
- Must be comfortable communicating over the phone.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Business, Public Relations, Non-Profit Administration, or other related fields. All majors are welcome.
Content Writer Intern
- Supports the corporate team in conducting prospect research, creating company profiles and developing presentations to support fundraising strategies.
- Assists with corporate events by organizing collateral materials.
- Attends and shadows corporate campaign kickoffs and meetings with corporate partners.
- Maintains database records with consistent tracking in Raiser’s Edge.
- Collaborates with Community Events Manager to launch National campaigns, like Hot Chocolate 5K on a local level.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration or related field.
Creative Services Intern
- Pre-plan social media content using Hoot Suite program.
- Post organically on all of our social media platforms.
- Create engaging blog and social media content.
- Complete social media communication requests received from staff members in a timely manner.
- Compose wish stories for our chapter website, Adopt-A-Wish donors, and high cost wish assist.
- Responsible for creating a social media strategy surrounding upcoming chapter signature events.
- Writing sample is required along with resume and cover letter.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Development, Grants and Individual Giving
- Main point of contact for the Make-A-Wish Georgia chapter website
- Use the Site Core content system to update chapter website
- Schedule and manage any photographers and videographers needed
- Serve as the primary graphic designer for the chapter
- Design promotional posters, flyers, handouts, etc.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
- Help draft wish stories and assemble reports for Make-A-Wish America grant reporting
- Assist with qualifying new foundation grant prospects via Foundation Directory, GuideStar and Google research
- Conduct wish data research and donor data entry related to grant preparation and outcome reporting
- Compile foundation and major gift donor profiles
- Develop donor stewardship initiatives and create collateral for individual and foundation donor stewardship
- Must be detail-oriented and exhibit strong written communication skills
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Business, English, Journalism, Public Health or other related field.
- Assist with creative stewardship collateral (work in Shutterfly, Publisher)
- Writing sample
Development Operations Intern
Special Events Intern (2 Positions)
- Assists with the process of revenue and in-kind transactions
- Responsible for running weekly tax acknowledgments
- Utilize software tools to import files into our main database
- Assist with revisions of “how-to” documentation of Raiser’s Edge
- Compile metrics for data analysis
- Must be detail-oriented with proficiency or desire to learn MS Excel
- Willing to learn Raiser’s Edge (leading CRM database for constituent management in the non-profit industry)
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Business, Non-Profit Management or related field.
- Responsible for supporting fundraising staff in all aspects of revenue generation from fundraising event to cultivating individual and major donors.
- Assists with the coordination day-of vendors for events.
- Assists with design, copy writing and production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence.
- Conducts prospect research and analysis to support solicitation strategies.
- Assists with the organization and tracking of donor and sponsor information.
- Assists with in-kind solicitation for auction items.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration or related field.
Wish Coordinator Intern
- Responsible for assisting the Wish Coordinators in all aspects of wish granting.
- Assist with sneak peek letters and create toy boxes for wishes.
- Write thank you letters for donors.
- Update wish database, scan paperwork and complete wish file close out.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Family and Child Development, Human Development, Psychology, or related field.