Internships are designed for current undergraduate (rising sophomores to seniors) and graduate students during the Fall, Spring, and Summer of each year. All available internship opportunities are unpaid positions. Housing is not provided. School credit can be provided. Positions are subject to change from the roles listed below due to departmental needs each semester.
To apply for an internship, potential candidates should send a resume, cover letter, and one professional letter of recommendation to Beth Parmer at email@example.com
. For students seeking an internship for CHFD/HDFS credit or for Senior Capstone placement with early placement requirements, submit your application no later than 6 weeks before your deadline and include your site placement deadlines within your email.
Deadlines to apply are as follows:
- Fall Semester: May 25th
- Spring Semester: October 25th
- Summer Semester: February 25th
Community Events Intern
- Aids in the development, support, and oversight of third-party fundraising events that benefit Make-A-Wish Georgia.
- Collaborate with local schools and universities to increase youth participation with our mission, through programs like Kids for Wish Kids & Wishmakers on Campus.
- Shadow the Community Events Manager at community events and school presentations.
- Collaborates with Community Events Manager to launch National campaigns, like Hot Chocolate 5K/15K.
- Must be comfortable communicating over the phone.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Business, Public Relations, Non-Profit Administration, or other related fields. All majors are welcome.
Corporate Development Intern
- Supports the corporate team in conducting prospect research, creating company profiles and developing presentations to support fundraising strategies.
- Assists with corporate events by organizing collateral materials.
- Attends and shadows corporate campaign kickoffs and meetings with corporate partners.
- Maintains database records with consistent tracking in Raiser’s Edge.
- Collaborates with Community Events Manager to launch National campaigns, like Hot Chocolate 5K on a local level.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Nonprofit Management, Business Administration or related field.
Content Writer Intern
- Pre-plan social media content using Hoot Suite program.
- Post organically on all of our social media platforms.
- Create engaging blog and social media content.
- Complete social media communication requests received from staff members in a timely manner.
- Compose wish stories for our chapter website, Adopt-A-Wish donors, and high cost wish assist.
- Responsible for creating a social media strategy surrounding upcoming chapter signature events.
- Writing sample is required along with resume and cover letter.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Creative Services Intern
- Main point of contact for the Make-A-Wish Georgia chapter website.
- Use the Site Core content system to update chapter website.
- Schedule and manage any photographers and videographers needed.
- Serve as the primary graphic designer for the chapter.
- Design promotional posters, flyers, handouts, etc.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing.
Development, Grants and Individual Giving
- Help draft wish stories and assemble reports for Make-A-Wish America grant reporting.
- Assist with qualifying new foundation grant prospects via Foundation Directory, GuideStar and Google research.
- Conduct wish data research and donor data entry related to grant preparation and outcome reporting.
- Compile foundation and major gift donor profiles.
- Develop donor stewardship initiatives and create collateral for individual and foundation donor stewardship.
- Must be detail-oriented and exhibit strong written communication skills.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Business, English, Journalism, Public Health or other related field.
- Assist with creative stewardship collateral (work in Shutterfly, Publisher).
- Writing sample.
Special Events Intern
- Responsible for supporting fundraising staff in all aspects of revenue generation from fundraising event to cultivating individual and major donors.
- Assists with the coordination day-of vendors for events.
- Assists with design, copy writing and production of donor materials and ongoing correspondence.
- Conducts prospect research and analysis to support solicitation strategies.
- Assists with the organization and tracking of donor and sponsor information.
- Assists with in-kind solicitation for auction items.
- Ideal for candidates pursuing a degree in Non-Profit Management, Business Administration or related field.
Wish Coordinator Intern
- Responsible for assisting the Wish Coordinators in all aspects of wish granting.
- Assist with sneak peek letters and create toy boxes for wishes.
- Write thank you letters for donors.
- Update wish database, scan paperwork and complete wish file close out.
- Wish discovery Visits in the office.
- Ideal for applicants pursuing a degree in Family and Child Development, Human Development, Psychology, or related field.